Today will host more of the same tropical weather with flawless sunshine across the region. Light to moderate winds will be found across our mountains. The temperature inversion returns again this morning,at 9 a.m. it is -4°C in the village, 2°C at the summit of Bellevarde and -2.5°C at Pisaillas. The maximum temperature will be similar again today, with a top of 8 degrees at 2000m.
An accident blocked the road in both directions for several minutes yesterday, around 3:30 p.m. A car and bus collided on the RD902, near the La Raie chainage area. Alternating one-way traffic was put in place before a tow truck came to remove the vehicles from the road around 6 p.m., where conditions returned to normal.
The Pisaillas and Fornet sectors will be open with almost everything groomed overnight. All runs will be open today apart from the Tunnel.
Over on Solaise, all lifts will open on time. Piste L may close in the afternoon due to avalanche danger. Everything is open on the snowfront, including the tobogganing area.
In the Bellevarde sector, everything is open. There is race training this morning on the top portions of the OK/Orange runs, and will re-open to the public later in the day. The Santons may close this afternoon due to avalanche danger. Skiing in Tignes can be accessed via either the Tommeuse or Borsat lifts.
Cross Country skiers and Pedestrians can choose from any of our trails and ski loops today, apart from the Branges.
The avalanche risk is 2/5 today. Always ski with a partner, have the appropriate gear and know how to use it, and if in doubt hire a guide.
First Monday of the month means a Municipal Council meeting. Elected officials will gather at 8:30 this morning at the Maison Marcel Charvin, for a meeting which promises to be lighter than last month. 7 points on the agenda, with a little town planning and the transfer of a municipal plot, and the vote on a convention of objectives for the Freeski Academy.
The Municipal Council is a public meeting which you can sit in on, or watch from the comfort of home, thanks to the live broadcast of the town hall's IT service on Youtube.
A summary will be published in the local news tomorrow.
Vie Val d'Is is organising its annual health day tomorrow, from 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Maison de Val. An annual meeting which allows seasonal workers to access health specialists usually found further down in the valley. The Chambery Hospital Center will be present, offering STD and STI screenings and free, anonymous vaccination updates. No need for an appointment for screening, the results, always anonymous, will be returned to you next Tuesday, February 13.
There will also be a dermatologist, the Pélican association (specialists in addiction), a dietician, and introductions to osteopathy and acupuncture.
Today marks an important date in the Avaline calendar, where we celebrate Saint Agatha. For the first time this winter, the sun will pass above the Charvet, as seen from the Saint Jean des Prés chapel on the snow front, thus offering a much longer period of sunshine. A yearly sign announcing the return of sunny days, observed around 4:30 p.m.
As usual, we will capture the moment in the form of a timelapse, found at the end of day on our website.
Speaking of timelapses, part of the Radio Val d'Isère team spent Saturday night at the top of Bellevarde to photograph and film the dance of stars and snowcats. The results in video and photos can be seen on our website.
- 5:45 p.m. on the snowfront; Snake Gliss tobogganing. These collective sleds, real snow-snakes, can be enjoyed by all ages in groups of up to 10 people. Come along this evening under the lights and sounds of the Savonette slope.
- The ice skating rink will be open from 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Tourism Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Aqua Leisure complex is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Vie Val d'Is is open from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and then 3 - 6 p.m.
- The Media Library is open between 2 - 6 p.m.
- The Bookings centre is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Post Office is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and then 2 – 5:30 p.m.
- The Town Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and then 2 – 6 p.m.
- The Red Shuttle will be circulating between La Daille and the Fornet every 6 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and then every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
- The Yellow shuttle, up to the Manchet Valley, leaves every 20 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.
- The Blue shuttle going up to the Legattaz is every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m and 11:20 p.m.
- The free shuttle between Tignes and Val d'Isère runs 6 times a day :
Departures from La Daille at 7:55 a.m. 8:35 a.m. 10:50 a.m. 4:25 p.m. 5:25 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
Departure from Tignes 1800 at 8:05 a.m. 8:45 a.m. 11 a.m. 4:35 p.m. 5:35 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
Tomorrow, the POYA restaurant welcomes the famous Alsatian chef Frédéric Metzger for a 4-handed dinner. Be the privileged guests of an exceptional gastronomic evening where the chefs will highlight local Alsatian and Savoyard products. For more information, visit the PoyaValdIsère Instagram account or their website www.poyavaldisere.com