After a calm start to the day, a stormfront is going to roll in this afternoon around 3 p.m. arriving quickly and intensely. Over the course of a couple of hours, snowfall is possible down to 1000m in elevation, with a possible accumulation of 15 cm. This is accompanied by moderate to strong winds.
In regards to temperatures, at 9 a.m. it is +0.5° in the village, -2.5° at the top of Solaise and -8° at Pisaillas. Before the storm, we can expect a maximum temperature of 2° today at 2000m.
No difficulties are expected on the local roads today, a welcome relief after a long day of traffic yesterday.
Great early season conditions across the ski area with the vast majority of lifts and terrain now open!
The Pisaillas area will be open for skiing today, with all runs groomed overnight. As for the Fornet area, all lifts will be in operation, with all runs open apart from the Foret and the Tunnel.
Over on Solaise, all lifts will be open including the 3000 drag lift! The only closed run in the area is the Piste L. Everything is open on the snowfront today, including the tobogganing area.
In the Bellevarde sector, the Santon, and the Epaule du Charvet are closed due to a lack of snow. It is possible that portions of La Raye, G, Ok and Orange runs will be reserved for racing. Skiing in Tignes can be accessed via either the Tommeuses or Borsat lifts.
Cross Country skiers can head out to the Manchet Valley, Lake d'Ouillette or La Daille. Whereas, pedestrians have most of the walking trails open apart from the Col d'Iseran.
The avalanche risk is 2/5 today. Always ski with a partner, have the appropriate gear and know how to use it, and if in doubt hire a guide.
It is with sadness that we inform you of the passing of Mrs. Geneviève Arpin (Costerg), which occurred on Wednesday, December 27. She was well known amongst locals for having founded the Signal, then for having run the l'Armoise restaurant at la Daille for many years with her son Stéphane. She always remained very attached to Val d'Isère where her granddaughters Laurie and Estelle, great-granddaughter Maja and her daughter-in-law Sophie still live. A service will be held in the Seez church on Thursday January 4 at 10:30 a.m.
Happier news to continue with the marriage yesterday of two locals at heart, in the Municipal Council room. Léonie Salmon and Nicolas Neu Faber said yes to each other late yesterday morning. A love story closely linked to Val d'Isère for these Alsatians who frequently visit, and the proposal happening in our village a year ago. It was therefore only natural that the couple made it official in the room of the Maison Marcel Charvin, during a ceremony full of glitter, and chaired by Véronique Pesenti Gros. Our best wishes go out to the newlyweds.
Val d'Isère will take you into 2024 in the most beautiful way this evening with its New Year's Eve festivities. A stage was installed yesterday at the bottom of the Face de la Bellevarde, hosting a DJ and performer later tonight. Come and check out a DJ and dancers from 9 p.m. before a laser show at 10 o'clock. We will then welcome Yuksek, a well-known French DJ for a one-and-a-half hour set, before giving way to DJs from Duty Sound to bring in the New Year. This is not to forget the fireworks display at midnight. Dick and his laser on the mountain will lead us through the countdown, so that we all reach 2024 at the same time.
Last year, approximately 7,000 people attended this party on the snow front. The snowflakes expected to fall this evening should not dampen the enthusiasm of the crowd. To help everyone get around, Val Bus is providing two additional shuttles this evening on the red line. The 4 shuttles will run continuously between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m., with a frequency of every 10 minutes.
An art exhibition held its premiere yesterday evening at the Barmes de l'Ours, dedicated to the works of Fabien Verschaere. A universe reminiscent of his childhood, featuring pieces on all types of media. Art lovers can discover his work in the dedicated space in the Barmes de l’Ours hotel, open and free to the public. The exhibition will be on display all winter.
New Year's Eve: Val d'Isère celebrates the last hours of the year with an exceptional show on the snowfront. On the program are DJs, performers, dancers and of course fireworks! On this evening's program:
- 9 p.m.: Warm-up with DJ Nico and his dancers
- 10 p.m.: Lazer Man show on stage and during the fireworks
- 10:10 p.m. Yuksek live
- 11:30 p.m.: 2DJ’s Duty Sound
- At midnight: Grand Fireworks display
Otherwise in the village:
- 4 p.m. Children’s football tournament at the Aqua Leisure Complex.
- 5 p.m. Introduction to Fat Biking: Every Sunday evening, come and learn about electric Fat-Bikes on the snow. Fred (Instructor-guide) offers you a free introduction of a few minutes to help you discover this new snow sport. Meet in front of the Aqua Leisure Complex.
- Sunday mass will be held in the church at 6 p.m.
- The ice skating rink will be open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Tourism Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Aqua Leisure complex is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Bookings centre is open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and then 2 – 6 p.m.
- The Red Shuttle will be circulating between La Daille and the Fornet every 6 minutes from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and then every 10 minutes until 2 a.m.
- The Yellow shuttle, up to the Manchet Valley, leaves every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.
- The Blue shuttle going up to the Legattaz is every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m and 11:20 p.m.
- The free shuttle between Tignes and Val d'Isère runs 6 times a day :
Departures from La Daille at 7:55 a.m. 8:35 a.m. 10:50 a.m. 4:25 p.m. 5:25 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
Departure from Tignes 1800 at 8:05 a.m. 8:45 a.m. 11 a.m. 4:35 p.m. 5:35 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
- Treat yourself for the end-of-year celebrations by ordering your seafood platter at the Névé restaurant at the Hotel Mont Blanc. Call to reserve at 04 58 83 00 00.
- Les Halles de Val are open continuously today, ideal for preparing for your New Year's Eve.