The storm is settling in, the snow is starting to fall, becoming more intense this afternoon. Moderate to strong winds are predicted up high, predicting gusts of up to 90 km/hr. An accumulation of up to 30 cm of snow is predicted by Wednesday morning, with the snow-rain limit creeping up to 1800m later on this afternoon.
In regards to temperatures, at 9 a.m. it is -4° in the village, -4° at the top of Solaise and -8° at Pisaillas. Today will be warmer than yesterday, with a top of 3 degrees at 2000m.
No difficulties are expected on the local roads this morning.
Stormy conditions and poor visibility can be expected across the ski area today. Please respect all closures that may appear throughout the day, with the arrival of strong winds.
The Pisaillas area will be open for skiing today. As for the Fornet area, all runs are open apart from the Tunnel.
Over on Solaise, all lifts will be open. The only closed runs in the area are the Piste L and the bottom section of the Marmottons. Everything is open on the snowfront today, including the tobogganing area.
In the Bellevarde sector, the Santon will remain closed due to a lack of snow, and the Expert Border Cross due to poor visibility. Portions of the OK, Orange and Raye runs will be reserved for racing,and will re-open to the public later on. Skiing in Tignes can be accessed via either the Tommeuses or Borsat lifts.
Cross Country skiers can head out to the Manchet Valley, Lake d'Ouillette or La Daille. Pedestrians have most of the walking trails open, however the Col d’Iseran walking path will be closed.
The avalanche risk is 3/5 today. Always ski with a partner, have the appropriate gear and know how to use it, and if in doubt hire a guide.
Car accident yesterday morning on the road outside Val d'Isère. A vehicle hit the barrier in an avalanche tunnel and lost control. He found himself stuck in the middle of the road, blocking traffic for a short period of time, between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. The vehicle was eventually moved, and traffic quickly returned to normal.
Due to the poor weather forecast for this evening, the instructors' torchlight descent has been cancelled. A solution to postpone the event until Thursday evening is being studied.
The Val d'Isère Owners' Association, known as the APVI, is holding its general meeting tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Convention Centre. After a welcome drink for the members, the public meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the presence of the mayor of Val d'Isère, Patrick Martin, and the director of Val d'Isère Téléphériques, Arnaud Mollanger. This public meeting is open to all. Those who cannot be present to listen to the discussions will be able to read our report published tomorrow morning in the local news.
On the subject of public meetings, the January Municipal Council meeting will be held Friday, January 12th. The discussion points have not yet been released, but a vote is expected on the initial 2024 budget, which runs the risk of long debates. For this reason, the meeting will start at 8 a.m. and not at the usual 8:30 a.m.
An important reminder: the Gorge de Malpasset is impassable. Three young people found themselves trapped yesterday at the end of the day in this off-piste area. They were rescued by Val d'Isère Ski Patrol, with the assistance from the PGHM helicopter from Courchevel. An operation which was carried out at night, adding difficulty.
Another important reminder, it is forbidden to go down the alpine ski slopes by tobaggan. Two people went down the Plan run yesterday at the end of the day on plastic sleds. This is forbidden, except for specific sleds, such as the Yooner or the Snooc equipped with a leash.
- 10 a.m. Create your own greeting card! Choose your model and personalise your message by creating a card. An original way to create and present your wishes for the New Year, at the media library. Reservations can be made at 04 79 06 29 20.
- 6 p.m. Mass will be taking place in the church
- 8 p.m. Board game night at the media library: Following the same principle as an escape game, discover the world of investigation games. Unlock, Micro Macro, Break in Chichen Itza, Hidden Games… Solve the puzzles, find the solution and emerge alive from these epic adventures!
- Due to the poor weather forecast for this evening, the instructors' torchlight descent has been cancelled. A solution to postpone the event until Thursday evening is being studied.
- The Cinema is showing Wonka in English at 8:30 p.m.
- The ice skating rink will be open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Tourism Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Aqua Leisure complex is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Bookings centre is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Post Office is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and then 2 – 5:30 p.m.
- The Town Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and then 2 – 6 p.m.
- The Media Library is open between 2 - 6 p.m.
- The Red Shuttle will be circulating between La Daille and the Fornet every 6 minutes from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and then every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
- The Yellow shuttle, up to the Manchet Valley, leaves every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.
- The Blue shuttle going up to the Legattaz is every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m and 11:20 p.m.
- The free shuttle between Tignes and Val d'Isère runs 6 times a day :
Departures from La Daille at 7:55 a.m. 8:35 a.m. 10:50 a.m. 4:25 p.m. 5:25 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
Departure from Tignes 1800 at 8:05 a.m. 8:45 a.m. 11 a.m. 4:35 p.m. 5:35 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
Treat yourself after the end-of-year holidays by ordering your seafood platter at the Névé restaurant at the Hotel Mont Blanc. Call to make a reservation at 04 58 83 00 00.