A layer of high elevation cloud can be expected across our sky today, conditions will be otherwise mild. A light North-Westerly wind will be blowing across the mountains, with currently barely more than a breeze at Pisaillas.
A chilly start to the morning, at 9 a.m. it is -7°C in the village, -6°C at the summit of Bellevarde and -11°C at Pisaillas. Similar temperatures can be expected again today with a top of 0°C at 2000m.
Despite a dusting of snow on the road, vehicles equipped with the mandatory winter equipment will have no issues on the roads this morning.
Great conditions across the entire ski area , with all lifts and practically all runs open to the public today.
The Pisaillas and Fornet sectors will be open, with all runs apart from the Tunnel.
Over on Solaise, everything is open, however the Leissieres chairlift will open with a slight delay. Everything is also open on the snowfront, including the tobogganing area.
In the Bellevarde sector, there is race training this morning on the top sections of the OK and Orange runs and the Raye, and it will re-open to the public later in the day. Skiing in Tignes can be accessed via both the Borsat and Tommeuse chairlifts.
Cross Country skiers and Pedestrians can choose from any of our trails and ski loops today, apart from the Branges.
The avalanche risk is 2/5 today. Always ski with a partner, have the appropriate gear and know how to use it, and if in doubt hire a guide.
With the start of the winter holidays, here's an overview of the packed program of events and activities to come. In addition to the usual program of walks and visits throughout the winter, the famous torchlight descent will make its return on February 13th with various local instructors, and then on the 20th and 27th by the ESF instructors.
Other highlights include the Savoie Snowboard Tour which will stop by the Val d'Isère snow park next Sunday (February 18th), a free ski test with Dynastar on Friday February 23rd, and Oakley demo days on the 27th and 28th.
The holidays also promise to be cultural with shows every Wednesday at the Congress centre, mainly aimed at a young audience, but also Le Paname Comedy Club, coming to us on Thursday February 22nd for a comedy evening with four greats of French stand-up. Another big name, Maxime Gasteuil, will present his film “14 Jours Pour Aller Mieux'' on February 19th at 4:30 p.m. at the Splendide cinema.
That's not to forget the program at the media library, offering a variety of activities throughout the week. These events will be detailed in English every morning at approximately 9:15 a.m. in the Radio Val d'Isère, and published daily on our website.
No results from the skiers of the Sports Club this morning, these results, with numerous podiums, will be shared tomorrow morning in the local news. However, on the global circuit, local skier Clément Noël stated his disappointment yesterday after the cancellation of the second heat of the Bansko Slalom in Bulgaria. Our skiers were holding a comfortable lead before the race was cancelled, to ensure the fairness of the event and the safety of the athletes. Rain was an unwelcome guest yesterday morning in the ski area located below 1000m in altitude.
For the ladies, no issues for yesterday's slalom in Soldeu, Andorra. In the absence of two podium regulars, Mikaella Shifrin and Petra Vhlova, both injured, it's anyone's game at the moment. Swedish skier, Anna Swenn Larsson, took the win ahead of the Croatian Zrinka Ljutic and the American Paula Moltzan.
Next race on the calendar, next weekend. The ladies will be in Crans Montana for two downhills and a Super G and the men will be in Kvitfjell in Norway again for speed events.
- 10 a.m. Happy Tote Bag workshop at the media library. Using a stencil, logo, drawing or a quote, create, make and leave with your personalised tote bag!
- 5:45 p.m. on the snowfront; Snake Gliss tobogganing. These collective snow-snakes can be enjoyed by all ages in groups of up to 10 people. Come along this evening under the lights and sounds of the Savonette slope.
- The cinema will be showing Argylle in English at 08:30 p.m.
- The ice skating rink will be open from 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Tourism Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Aqua Leisure complex is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Vie Val d'Is is open from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and then 3 - 6 p.m.
- The Media Library is open between 2 - 6 p.m.
- The Bookings centre is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Post Office is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and then 2 – 5:30 p.m.
- The Town Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and then 2 – 6 p.m.
- The Red Shuttle will be circulating between La Daille and the Fornet every 6 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and then every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
- The Yellow shuttle, up to the Manchet Valley, leaves every 20 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.
- The Blue shuttle going up to the Legattaz is every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m and 11:20 p.m.
- The free shuttle between Tignes and Val d'Isère runs 6 times a day :
Departures from La Daille at 7:55 a.m. 8:35 a.m. 10:50 a.m. 4:25 p.m. 5:25 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
Departure from Tignes 1800 at 8:05 a.m. 8:45 a.m. 11 a.m. 4:35 p.m. 5:35 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
As Valentine's Day approaches, the Happy Marmotte boutique in the tourist office square offers jewellery, decorations and accessories to celebrate love! Come and find a selection of trendy and eco-responsible brands, sure to delight everyone.