Clear and calm conditions are on the forecast, with a chance of partial cloud cover throughout the day. Light winds are predicted across our mountains, currently averaging 20 – 30 km/hr in the Pisaillas area.
The temperature inversion is present again this morning, at 9 a.m. it is -5° in the village, +1° at the top of Solaise and -3.5° at Pisaillas. Temperatures will be mild again today, with a top of 2 - 4 at 2000m.
No difficulties are expected for vehicles travelling on the local roads today.
Great early season conditions across the ski area with the vast majority of lifts and terrain now open!
The Pisaillas area will be open for skiing today, with all runs groomed overnight apart from the Cascade. The Fornet sector will have all of it's terrain open today apart from the Foret and Tunnel runs.
Over on Solaise, all lifts will be open apart from the 3000 drag lift. The only closed run in the area is the Piste L, and ski patrol hope to open the top section of the Marmottons. Everything is open on the snowfront today, including the tobogganing area.
In the Bellevarde sector, the following runs will be reserved for racing this morning; Joseray, Borsat, the Raye, and the top sections of the OK and Orange. The Santon, Epaule du Charvet are closed due to a lack of snow. Skiing in Tignes can be accessed via either the Tommeuses or Borsat lifts this morning.
Cross Country skiers can head out to the Manchet Valley, Lake d'Ouillette or La Daille. Pedestrians have most of the walking trails open apart from the Marmottes and Branges trails.
The avalanche risk is 2/5 today. Always ski with a partner, have the appropriate gear and know how to use it, and if in doubt hire a guide.
The local council has proposed new changes to the Urban Planning. An updated, and simplified, modification of the Local Urban Plan has been proposed by the council, regarding the old swimming pool on the snow front, the building which currently houses the Sports Club. As a reminder, Val d'Isère wishes to build a new multi-purpose centre in this central location. The estimated cost last spring came in at 23 million euros. An architectural competition has been launched to choose the firm that will be in charge of carrying out this project.
The modification of the Local Urban Plan necessitates a public inquiry, and an investigating commissioner will be working the case from January 15th to February 15th. He will be responsible for collecting public opinions on the subject, either for or against.
The investigating commissioner will be present to collect your opinions on January 15th, from 9 a.m. to noon, January 24th, from 4 - 7 p.m., February 1st, from 2 - 5 p.m. and February 15th, from 3 - 6 p.m.
Don't miss the first torchlight descent of the season this evening. Instructors from the French Ski School will carry out their traditional descent of the Face de Bellevarde. A spectacle to be seen from the snow front from 6 p.m. To keep you warm, hot drinks will be served by the instructors. The deposit for an ecocup is €2, you can keep your glass as a souvenir while doing a good deed, with all proceeds being donated to the local charity 'Dans les Yeux de Gabin'
Another show not to be missed under any circumstances, the Geese brass band. Those who are familiar with the Avaline fair in summer will recognize this event, geese marching in sync, to the sound of drums and whistles. Always a huge success and a first in winter for these birds and their trainer coming to us from the Netherlands. They will stroll through the centre of the village this afternoon between 3 - 5:30 p.m.
- The Christmas Geese Marching Band: A troop of geese, marching in step to the sound of drums and whistles. An event that has been delighting young and old for several years during the Avaline Fair in summer. Several strolls in the village centre, with departures at 3:10 p.m., 4 p.m., 4:50 p.m. and 5:40 p.m.
- 6 p.m. ESF torchlight descent. A must-see display, as the instructors of the French Ski School invite you to their show on the snow front. On the program, torchlight descent of the Face de Bellevarde, two sets of fireworks and hot drinks from the instructors. (Ecocup deposit is €2; the proceeds will be donated to the association in the eyes of Gabin)
- 6 p.m.: A mass will be celebrated with the Bishop of Savoy, Monseigneur Thibault Verny.
- The ice skating rink will be open from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- The Tourism Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Aqua Leisure complex is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Bookings centre is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Post Office is open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and then 2 – 5:30 p.m.
- The media library is open from 2-6 p.m.
- The town hall is open from 9 a.m. To 12 p.m. and then 2 – 6 p.m.
- The Red Shuttle will be circulating between la Daille and the Fornet every 6 minutes from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and then every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
- The Yellow shuttle, up to the Manchet Valley, leaves every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.
- The Blue shuttle going up to the Legattaz, is every 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m and 11:20 p.m.
- The free shuttle between Tignes and Val d'Isère runs 6 times a day :
Departures from La Daille at 7:55 a.m. 8:35 a.m. 10:50 a.m. 4:25 p.m. 5:25 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
Departure from Tignes 1800 at 8:05 a.m. 8:45 a.m. 11 a.m. 4:35 p.m. 5:35 p.m. 6:30 p.m.